[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-872-g95d136e

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Fri Feb 21 15:08:57 UTC 2014

On 21 Feb 2014, at 14:42, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 February 2014 01:22, Russell Gower <mythtv at thegowers.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  Is this really true on a Combined BE/FE machine where the FE opens the file for reading directly, I can't see how it would know that the backend is still writing to it as m_fileswritten is private to the backend - Or am I missing something?
>
> no, you're right... this is for FE accessing files over myth protocol.
>
> but I'm not done yet :)
>
> having said that, I've never had issues with combined BE/FE and live TV

I moved to a combined architecture because of these issues, but unfortunately it didn't resolve them, I wonder if there triggered by the relatively high bit rates used in the UK especially by the BBC.

>> And can I just say that I'm really excited about how much attention livetv is receiving at the moment, it accounts for about 50% of my use case. I'm slowly bringing myself unto speed with the source tree but it's likely to be a very slow process, hopefully someday I will be in a position to contribute something worthwhile back.
>
> testing and reporting the changes is already a lot

Well I'm happy to do that, I'll have to cherry pick them back into 0.27-fixes as i'm not ready to move to master at the moment, hopefully that won't be two challenging for me :-)

thanks again
 Russell