[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Thu Feb 20 16:19:27 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 12:43 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 20 February 2014 17:47, Jonas Arndt <jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com> wrote:
>
>> I was out for a while playing a hockey game . So just to conclude, the
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/12045/12045-try2.diff is the
>> latest patch, right?
> no it isn't
>
> this one is:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/20f7cd2858e79385ceec07b2c19c7e4f84714e18.diff
>
> I've found another issue in the ringbuffer (different problem) where
> under some circumstances reading from the file would get interrupted
> even though the file isn't terminated yet....
>
> this can happen if the backend is a tad slow into writing to the file;
> if the reader reads EOF in between two writes; then the read will be
> interrupted and the frontend will freeze..

JY, I did apply the commit and the new libraries are now in place. I'll
keep you posted. If I run into something I will do all the steps you
suggested.
Is the process that describes how you developers work in the mythtv
community described somewhere? I am looking for information like commit
text, release cycle, are there different maintainers for different parts
of the code and so on. I guess something like a "developers guide" that
would prevent me from asking stupid questions and understand how you
guys work.

Cheers,

// Jonas