[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Wed Feb 19 05:51:12 UTC 2014

On 02/18/2014 10:23 PM, Jonas Arndt wrote:

> On 02/18/2014 08:56 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> Ok guys...
>>
>> I think this one is the one:
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/12045/12045-try2.diff
>>
>> and this as remove all stuttering in liveTV too; I'm starting to think
>> that we could even remove the added delay when starting a new program
>> or changing channel as those were probably just work around the actual
>> issue.
> I have applied it on my system. I didn't have any freezing before and
> not now either. I haven't seen any " Waited 2.0 seconds for data
> #012#011#011#011t" since I applied it though, which is good news.
> I will apply it to my friend's system tonight and see how that affect
> things. It'll be a day before I know
>
> Cheers,
>
> // Jonas

A question. Does this need to go on the front-end as well? The way I
apply this patch is that I just put the two libraries
libmythbase-0.27.so.0.27.0 and libmythtv-0.27.so.0.27.0 on the backend.
It seems that the front-end has different libraries with the same name.
Putting them on the front-end simply doesn't work.

Oh, and I am getting Waited for x.x seconds for data still. I just
didn't for a long time. I don't know enough about the patch to
understand if this is a bad sign or not. I am thinking you just
addressed an issue where you would avoid a read call that you know would
block. In such case we might still have to wait for data?

// Jonas