[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Tue Feb 18 05:01:30 UTC 2014

On 02/17/2014 09:22 PM, Jonas Arndt wrote:
> I did look at the hard drives. My friend has a separate one for
> recordings and I had put that in the default storage group. This guy
> is a fairly new HP drive (500 GB) and smartctl says everything is
> great. Still, I read somewhere that moving LiveTV to another drive
> could improve things, so I did. LiveTV is now on the root disk. I
> still get a lot of "Waited for 0.2 seconds" on the backend. The
> front-end is throwing up stuff like Waited 1351ms for video buffers
> AAAAAAAAAADDdL but has so far recovered.

The moving of the LiveTV group to a different harddrive did not help at
all. Same things happened again except that the back-end didn't say
"Taking too long to be allowed to read.." this time it was just "Waited
2.0 seconds for data #012#011#011#011to...". The front-end did the same
thing as last time.

Does anybody know how to troubleshoot this? Is there some signalling
going on over the network that I can capture? If I trace the whole
network traffic I will drown in data. Is this UDP (I assume so)?

Also, I have seen people discussing using an NFS mount to work-around
this issue. I know how to set that up as far as exporting from the
server and mounting on the front-end. I just don't know how to make the
front-end use a local (NFS mounted) directory for live TV and
recordings. I simply can't find the setting.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

// Jonas