[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 23:53:09 UTC 2014

On 16 February 2014 09:36, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
> This is also how I understand things. I think there is somewhere bug.
> But we don't know yet in which part of data path it is.
> That's why I propose to start with simplest possible data path as it has
> lower number of variables to check.

i don't see much the point to be honest to try a much fast disk to be honest.

the current code has been in place for close to a decade and has
received little modification since. it was also working perfectly fine
for me until last month.

that's i'm using NFS is only a workaround over the same problem with
local disks..

right now, i've reverted back to the original code ; and applied your
sysctl changes.

so far so good.
I still see as many warning in the log about WaitForAvail taking
several seconds. but it seems to recover when it reaches > 4s.

Before that, I could be 95% confident once it reached 4s that it
wouldn't recover and reach 16s and abort..

Of course, I could take the laze approach and mount the NFS file
system on the frontend: under this situation, liveTV is perfect...

but mounting a NFS share on a frontend isn't always a possibility...