[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Sat Feb 15 17:16:22 UTC 2014

On 02/15/2014 08:59 AM, Jonas Arndt wrote:

> On 02/15/2014 05:34 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>> Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>>> Can you guys test the patch in this ticket?
>>>
>>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12045
>> I just tried your patch.
>>
>> On a transitioning program, the pause was ever so slight and if you
>> weren't watching for it, probably wouldn't have noticed.
>>
>> I've also applied it to my mother's system.  She lives in live tv and
>> I've asked to report back to me at the end of the day.
>>
>> The little testing that I've done, it looks promising.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Doug
>>
> I have also applied the patch and it looks good. I didn't even have
> any pause during a show end/start, but I have only watched 1 so far.
> The frustrating "Waited 0.2 seconds for data #012#011#011#011to" are
> gone for sure. I will let this run for a day or so and report back.
>
> Thanks!
>
> // Jonas

I just had a hard freeze. It didn't occur when a show stopped and
another started. I was watching the olympics. I had to back out by
pushing stop on the front-end. Let me know if you are interested in the
backend log. Being new to this forum I don't know if you want it
attached to the email or what the common way of sharing logs is.

I am also not 100% that I did apply this patch in the correct way. I
mean, the patch -p1 < ... worked just fine. I could see I got two
updated libraries after building (libmythbase-0.27.so.0.27.0 and
libmythtv-0.27.so.0.27.0). I just put these on the back-end. However
these also exist on the front-end, should they go there as well? I was
thinking the changes/patch didn't touch on any front-end operations but
I am not sure.

Another thing is that I don't see the "LOG(VB_FILE, LOG_INFO, LOC +
"Sync() called");" Log statement from JY's patch in the back-end log.
Shouldn't that thing be there when it is doing Sync? I see other LOG
with LOG_INFO level (the Waited 0.5 seconds is there for instance, even
though it is less frequent). Sorry for all the newbie questions.

Cheers,

// Jonas