[mythtv] Cannot connect to the mythzmserver

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sun Dec 21 16:14:16 UTC 2014

>> >On 20/12/14 22:18, Paul Harrison wrote:
>
> You should find the MZM  settings under Setup->Info Centre
> Settings->ZoneMinder Settings.
>
> If they are not there then you have got something screwed up somewhere.
> Check your version of info_settings.xml matches this one :-
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/info_settings.xml
>
> Assuming your install prefix is '/use/share' You will find it in
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/
>
> Also check the plugin exists and is named correctly in
> /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/
> It should be called libmythzoneminder.so
>
> Paul H.

I'm in the same situation. No ZoneMinder Setting in Info Center, just
weather, news, and web.

My /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/info_settings.xml matches
the git (which is what I build from), and my libmythzoneminder.so is there.

I have the same issue as John. The mythzmserver popup is fairly recent
and I also use the default theme.

So no place to set the port to -1.