[mythtv] Cannot connect to the mythzmserver

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Dec 20 18:27:05 UTC 2014

On 20/12/14 12:51, John Pilkington wrote:
> With my recent 0.28-pre-2422 build (8 Dec) I'm getting a popup about
> this when starting the frontend.  I don't use zm and haven't found
> anywhere to make zm-specific settings.  An attempt to uninstall
> mythzoneminder wanted to remove all of myth.
>
> I don't think I saw the popup with my previous build from 7 Nov.
>
> I can dismiss it with no apparent badness, but it's not user-friendly.
> Comments?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John P

MythZoneMinder has always put up a popup when it fails to connect.

What is new though is it now starts a thread when the FE starts up to
monitor for status changes from ZM so it can show a popup miniplayer
when an alarm is signalled. Looks like this has caused an unexpected
problem for users with MythZoneminder installed but no mythzmserver
running to connect to.

I'll change it so it only tries to connect if a server and port are
defined in the MythZoneMinder settings. It will mean you will have to
change the  'IP address of the MythZoneMinder server' setting to blank
and/or the 'Port the server runs on'  to -1 on the MythZoneMider
settings page to suppress the popup.

Paul H.