[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1046-gd7de3ff

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:33:10 UTC 2014

On 6 April 2014 18:36, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> It's probably the way the browser widget works that is causing problems on
> the mac.
>
> It's essentially drawn in two different ways depending on where the focus
> is. If the
> browser widget has focus then we just display the QWebView widget, which is
> a separate
> window, above what we have on screen. If another MythTV widget/screen has
> the focus
> then the web view is drawn into an image which is then drawn by MythUI like
> any other
> image. This allows MythUI popups/screens to appear above the web page.
>
> Changing focus to the menu would hide the QWebView window and draw the image
> of the web page. Changing focus back to the web view shows the QWebView
> window
> and hides the image.
>
> My guess is the mac doesn't like us showing/hiding the window like that?

It's very weird how it behaves.

For a start, I can't explain the focus issue. Even if I force the
focus to be on the popup menu, it doesn't change anything.

I had to completely disable the palette you set in MythUIBrowser to
display sites with no background. Without disabling those the web page
never appears at all.
Without it, at least the page shows up when the menu is opened.