[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1046-gd7de3ff

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sat Apr 5 14:49:53 UTC 2014

At 1:06 AM +1100 4/6/14, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>On 4 April 2014 13:58, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>  > QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIB += $${FREETYPE_LIBS}
>>
>  > configure has filled FREETYPE_LIBS with the output from 'freetype-config
>>  --libs'.  On OS X, I get:
>>
>>  $ freetype-config --libs
>>  -L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype -L/opt/local/lib -lz -lbz2 -L/opt/local/lib
>>  -lpng14
>>
>>  I'm guessing that FreeType is trying to be 'helpful' since MacPorts
>>  installed it to a 'non-standard' location.
>>
>>  Anyway, the line in libmythtv.pro is wrong.  FreeType's libs _are_ included
>>  later in the linker parameters.  Other uses of QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIB are for
>>  linker flags, not library references.  For example, line 83 of
>>  libmythupnp.pro sets:
>
>but adding special libs *are* what linker flags are for.
>
>to me the issue here, is not that line, but where it is placed.
>
>you do need to add linker/lib flag to QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIBS if you want
>to link against freetype, and it's not placed where all the other
>libraries are located.
>
>so the fix isn't to remove that line, but to place it in a different
>spot, so the extra path for linking are at the end, not at the
>beginning

I should have mentioned that FREETYPE_LIBS are already added to
EXTRA_LIBS--see /mythtv/settings.pro about 161.  The problem line
causes them to be duplicated.

You can see an example from a recent buildbot build:

https://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/builders/0.27-f20-qt5-64bit/builds/22/steps/compile%20core/logs/stdio

In the link line for 'libmythtv-0.27.so', the arguments "-lfreetype
-lz" appears near the beginning and again near the end.  As I said,
on Linux it is only duplicating the "-l" args--I believe because
FreeType was installed to a standard location.  For me, being that
FreeType is in /opt/local/lib, I'm getting a "-L" arg which becomes
the first search path for all libs.  Not good.

Craig

Craig