[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1046-gd7de3ff

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:06:36 UTC 2014

On 4 April 2014 13:58, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIB += $${FREETYPE_LIBS}
>
> configure has filled FREETYPE_LIBS with the output from 'freetype-config
> --libs'.  On OS X, I get:
>
> $ freetype-config --libs
> -L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype -L/opt/local/lib -lz -lbz2 -L/opt/local/lib
> -lpng14
>
> I'm guessing that FreeType is trying to be 'helpful' since MacPorts
> installed it to a 'non-standard' location.
>
> Anyway, the line in libmythtv.pro is wrong.  FreeType's libs _are_ included
> later in the linker parameters.  Other uses of QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIB are for
> linker flags, not library references.  For example, line 83 of
> libmythupnp.pro sets:

but adding special libs *are* what linker flags are for.

to me the issue here, is not that line, but where it is placed.

you do need to add linker/lib flag to QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIBS if you want
to link against freetype, and it's not placed where all the other
libraries are located.

so the fix isn't to remove that line, but to place it in a different
spot, so the extra path for linking are at the end, not at the
beginning