[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1046-gd7de3ff

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Apr 2 15:37:45 UTC 2014

At 10:35 AM -0400 4/2/14, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>On 04/02/2014 09:41 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>On 02/04/14 11:55, Git Repo Owner wrote:
>>>Fix MythVideo general settings page not working
>>>How long that one has been broken ???
>>>
>>>The new MythUI screen is always on top, so it
>>>must be hidden when starting on old Qt
>>>screenâ¤S
>>>Hopefully there are no more like this
>>>

>>Strange! I just tried this here and it's
>>working fine and I can't remember ever having a
>>problem with it so it's probably something that
>>only affects a few people.
>
>I assumed he meant always on Mac OS X.  I know
>it can be a problem with certain Window Managers
>(or running without a WM) on GNU/Linux, but it
>also works fine for me (on GNU/Linux with
>Fluxbox and my Flux config).  So I assumed it's
>just something the Mac OS X WM does.

I believe something is different about Qt window handling on OS X.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11990

The ticket is about pop up dialogs in the
HDHomerun channel scan but I think it is
plausible that this is the reasons that
MythBrowser, MythNetvision and MythNews don't
work on OS X.  I haven't raised a ticket for the
plugins since the official OS X packaged app
never had the Python bindings before so it was
more in the realm of a feature request.  As of
today, however...

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2014-April/104072.html

Craig