[mythtv] Metadata download disable patch - guidance needed

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Oct 9 14:30:26 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 01:26:36AM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 10/9/2013 1:06 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> >IMHO, how it is now is completely broken.
> >
> >the AutoMetadataLookup setting isn't used.
>
> It's not supposed to be used.  AutoCommercialFlag,
> AutoMetadataLookup, AutoRunUserJob<1-4>, and AutoTranscode were
> deprecated by the recording rule templates, and it seems not
> thoroughly cleaned from the code.

No, they were intentionally left in.  There needed to be code
somewhere to use them when creating the default template at schema
upgrade time.  Leaving them in the rule constructor seemed most
convenient at the time.  If it's really that big of a deal, I can move
them to dbcheck.cpp.

David
--
David Engel