[mythtv] IPTV not working in 0.27 -- possible bug in mythsocket.cpp?

José Oliver Segura primijos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 23:02:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> can you try with udp://... URI instead?
>
> In the past, I've found that when VLC would need a rtp:// url, myth
> would only work with udp

Absolutely right.

I've tried to update iptv_channel table with udp:// instead of rtp://
and now myth is able to tune and record data from iptv_channels.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, the internal player doesn't play the recorded streams
very well, it plays them with lots of glitches (vlc and mplayer are
able to play the recorded stream flawlessly). I'll open a bug report
for that attaching a sample of one of the streams.

Also, trying to do the channel scan with udp:// instead of rtp:// in
the .m3u file doesn't populate the "url" column in iptv_channel, I've
written a small ruby script to do that just for test purposes. I'll
also file a bug report with the sample .m3u file.

Best,
Jose