[mythtv] Do I need mythlogserver?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 13:21:04 UTC 2013

And I'm asking this from a RPM Fusion packaging perspective, not me
personally.

The mythlogserver is supposed to be getting it's startup options from
mythbackend, right?[1] But when I look at systemctl, it has the --daemon
option applied even though I'm running mythbackend with type=simple w/o the
daemon option:

# systemctl status mythbackend
mythbackend.service - MythTV backend service
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mythbackend.service; enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sat 2013-11-16 17:45:32 CST; 1 weeks 0
days ago
 Main PID: 21652 (mythbackend)
   CGroup: name=systemd:/system/mythbackend.service
           ├─21652 /usr/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv
           └─21696 /usr/bin/mythlogserver --daemon --verbose general
--logpath /var/log/mythtv --loglevel info

I think this is causing mythlogserver to exit funny and is actually being
captured as a crash by abrt.

So, can I get it to play nice with systemd? Or should I just disable
mythlogserver for the RPM Fusion package?

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlogserver