[mythtv] IPTV with an external channel changer

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Nov 3 14:25:11 UTC 2013

> > I image I am one of those people you refer to as I did previously use
> > channel changer but now call it with system events rather than the
> 'external
> > changer' as suggested on this list - please see
> > (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/555378).
> >
> > When an external tuner is specified in 0.27 mythbackend no longer
> connects
> > to the network socket so in what situation can it actually be used
> with
> > iptv?
>
> again, the channel changer wasn't used with IPTV in 0.26; this is a
> change that was introduced in 0.27
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/f077d230c3819ee1ebfd15a878aada7
> 8d7a5a224
>
> to fix #11365
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11365

FYI since i posted that patch I found out that the channel changer support
was of no use.
This is why I later extended the iptv recorder in 0.26 to allow http
transport streams.
This allowed mythbackend to tune via a m3u file instead and that I was able
get it working with.

But due to the big changes in 0.27 in the iptv recorder this patch no longer
applies and have to be rewritten.
I need to figure out how the it works now and also how not to screw up the
hls part since it also uses http if I'm not mistaken.

Until I have had time to redo this patch I'm stuck on 0.26-fixes with a few
custom patches.

Regarding the channel changer part in iptv recorder, I don’t mind it being
removed since it doesn’t work anyway.