[mythtv] Submitting Feature Request

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sat Mar 23 14:38:20 UTC 2013

Hi Steve,

On 23.03.2013 15:16, Steve Campbell wrote:

>> Sounds good, but I'd switch dynamically between "title - subtitle" and
>> "title<one of two season/episode number formats>  subtitle".
>> See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
>
> wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing suggests that filename format translations
> are available, but I can't find any examples of their use in the
> Mythweb code. modules/stream/stream_raw.pl doesn't use them, and
> modules/tv/tmpl/default/recorded.php just uses
> echo $show->season,'x',str_pad($show->episode,2,"0",STR_PAD_LEFT);
>
> Perhaps they are just used in the Mythtv frontend, and not in Mythweb?

I do think so. The latest rounds of enhancements where to mythfrontend
only and let mythweb mostly unchanged.

> Being lazy, a virtue for a programmer :-) , I don't use any of the
> advanced recording options. In fact, if I could just click a button to
> record a program from the search screen, I'd do that. Make that
> request for me to look at #4 !

sounds good, maybe make it default to "record all" for series/tvshow and
"find one" for movie/sports.

> Yeah, my initial code did extract programs with the Movie category and
> do just that. However, this runs foul of programs which are aired with
> incorrect categories. In my current set of recorded movies, one has
> category 'Entertainment', another 'Drama', and another
> 'Social/Policical/Economics'. I wanted something bullet proof and
> capable of handling incorrectly categorised programs. A 'Unique
> titles' set does just this.

Hmm, thats the category (genre), I was thinking of the category_type
(movie, series, tvshow, sports). But the same issue remains. If the
guide data quality is garbage you'll never get gold out of the filter ;)

> Request #5 - have the mythweb/tv/detail screen make the Category a
> dropdown, allowing you to change it should it be incorrect. Unless
> anyone can tell me a better way of doing it, the dropdown would be
> derived from existing categories with Movies added if it's not there.

An easy way to edit title / subtitle / category_type would be nice.
Maybe as a pen next to the fields that lets you edit the fields. With
these three fields you can send out the metadatagrabber to collect
everything else from themoviedb/thetvdb :)
A common use case for my recordings is to manually add the episode title
via a search for the synopsis or reading it from the video as DVB EIT
does not have a concept of episode title. (There are some fixups for
some stations that send them in a scrapeable format, but only for some
channels.)

> How does this sound?

Sounds good

Regards,
Karl

PS: category_type is used as a hint if we should try the movie or tv
grabber first.