[mythtv] Capture Service API not working as expected

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Mar 11 17:24:37 UTC 2013

HI!

Add or GetCapureCard use different properties than UpdateCaptureCard.

For example, Add and Get take "DVBEITScan", where Update takes
"dvb_eitscan" as parameter.

This is a bit inconsistent and should probably be at least documented.

But what is more important for me is the fact that UpdateCaptureCard
apparently just updates the database, but mythbackend does not react on
the change.

I wanted to switch on/off EIT scan for certain times (no need to scan
around the clock), but it is not working this way.

Is there a workaround? It seems, even when I change the EIT settings
with mythtv-setup, mythbackend does not care until a restart.

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas