[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.27-pre2-1497-g3c8f209

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jun 18 22:58:40 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-18, at 6:01 PM, Bill Meek wrote:

> On 06/18/2013 01:58 PM, George Nassas wrote:
>> I just built this and the backend is no longer listening on 6543. I’m still looking at my system but is it working for you?
>
> My FE connects to my BE and plays recordings A-OK.

Thanks for checking. It was pretty weird to have things stop like that but after a quick gdb session I figured out a local patch was being affected by the bonjour reentrancy fix.

The local patch was for ticket #10773. JYA what’s the thinking on this issue? It doesn’t seem like many people are affected by a too-long bonjour subject but on the other hand there’s no real benefit in advertising the backend with an out of spec identifier. It seems like an easy thing to correct.

> Plus, I was able to use MythTV Android Frontend to xcode & watch both an SD and an HD (5.1)
> recording building with the recommended --enable-libfaac. Thanks jya.

Can you move around the stream successfully? I’m finding that jumping forward or backward gets Apple's player into some kind of mode where the sound warbles and gradually loses sync with the video. By the end of a 30 minute programme the dialog is ~ 10 seconds behind the actors. This is from OTA recordings with no apparent artifacts.

One particular recording, a lossless transcode of an HD OTA broadcast, shows this log message at the start the HLS transcode:

VideoDecodeBuffer avformatdecoder.cpp:4622 (GetFrame) - AFD: Audio 40320680 ms behind video but already 220 video frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.

Possibly the output of lossless transcode disagrees with what avformatdecoder wants to see at the beginning of a video? The resulting stream takes forever to start in the player and is audio-only, I get blank for the video.

Despite the raft of complaints I’m really glad HLS is back for most of my recordings. Thanks JYA!

- George