[mythtv] Wii frontend

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jun 17 03:19:11 UTC 2013

* On Sun Jun 16, 2013 at 09:49:59PM +0200, Joel Sj?gren wrote:
> failed401Invalid Action". This is my call:
> http://192.168.1.64:6544/Content/AddRecordingLiveStream?ChanID=1004&StartTime=2013-06-16T21:19:00
>  - ChanID (more on the 'D' later) was obtained through

> About that 'D': the spellings differ at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Service#GetChannelInfo and
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Content_Service#AddRecordingLiveStream. This
> ambiguity may be part of my problem.

I think this is a good possibility, I looked in the code also noticed that
it looks like some endpoints take a 'ChannelID'.  I think we need to go
over these and fix them.  We may need to break some eggs (clients) in the
process.  One other thing to note is that any call that changes something
normally takes a POST instead of a GET so you couldn't test those straight
from Chrome.  The HTTP Live Stream do use GETs though, so you should be OK
with those.  You may also want to check out the following on your system:

http://192.168.1.64:6544/samples/hlstest.qsp

The source for that page can be found in mythtv/html/samples/hlstest.qsp if
you want to take a look around.  It doesn't use the chanid/starttime HLS
helper endpoint, it uses the filename-based endpoint though.

The Services API is a work in progress, and input from users of the API
(or people who understand MythTV and can add new endpoints) is always
welcome.  There are several different projects going on right now
which make use of the API to create frontends on various devices.

--
Chris