[mythtv] Debugging DeviceReadBuffer.cpp

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Jul 23 05:37:01 UTC 2013

HI!

On 20.07.2013 20:12, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

> Sorry for the late reply. It does seem like there is a bug in the
> driver, but there are many reasonable ways we can implement the
> DRB and if we can avoid heavy spinning in this case that would
> be great, especially if the resulting implementation is not more
> complex than current implementation.

I can offer to test any patch for 0.26. However, it sometimes takes days
to provoke the situation.

As you can see in my latest post, I have tried some changes, although
not really successfully (for example trying to read after unsuccessful
poll).

IMHO, it would be ideal, if MythTV would completely stop and restart
(new lock) the recording in such a situation. Probably even appending to
the existing file.

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas