[mythtv] Scheduled recordings of programs from Internet HLS streams?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 14:37:37 UTC 2013

Hi

On 17 July 2013 22:34, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've checked the archives and didn't find anything, so:
>
> Using jya's HLS file, it seems that HLS is currently only used for Live TV?
>
> If a content provider is simulcasting, and there's a source of guide
> data (Tribune) where the internet stream matches the feed that you can
> get from a cable or satellite provider, is there anything that
> prevents scheduled recordings from using a network recorder?

none at all. For all the user is concerned, the HLS recorder (a
sub-class of the IPTV/FREEBOX recorder), is identical to say a DVB or
ATSC capture card.

if you set schedule data via mythfilldatabase (I have a xmltv feed for
Al Jazeera, and I wrote a NASA TV xmltv grabber, there's also a ABC24
feed available via Shepherd); then you can make it behave exactly like
any other recorders.

even without data you can set manual recordings by providing the
channel number and time start/stop

ABC24, NasaTV and Al-Jazeera are matching local broadcast here..

> I've added some fields to the JSON guide data service at Schedules
> Direct that will allow for a stationID to specify a URL and to allow
> users to add an "Internet" headend to a Schedules Direct account, but
> haven't dug in deep enough to see if MythTV can take advantage of that
> yet. Is the necessary "glue" already in place?

in the m3u you provide to the IPTV "capture card" setup , you can
specify already the xmltvid to assign to a particular channel during
the channel scan in mythtv-setup

you would still need to provide the valid m3u; or implement another
mechanism to feed that data to a HLS channels definition...