[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by stuarta. v0.27-pre2-697-g2e62ddc

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 04:41:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Even my sister knew what it meant, when I asked her, and she is a
> toxicologist.  Based on that, I figured it's use was pretty wide-spread.  I
> guess it must just come down to being an English technical term.

Iff was taught in 1st year math class (algebra) in high school.  Of
course, that was a number of decades ago.  I have been told the
"new math" has changed everything for the better, so maybe they
removed the basics from the classes (or math from the curriculum,
since it is apparently too hard for some).  Toxicologists should
have some decent math understanding, since statistics is an
important part of the field.  So your result may be from selection
bias.

Gary