[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by stuartm. v0.28-pre-557-gd38c80e

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Dec 17 02:50:35 UTC 2013

On Dec 16, 2013, at 8:32 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to say that I found that out when you sent your first mail in
> this thread :)

I thought there was a shadow developer-only list but I guess not.

To take one last kick I'm not saying a newsletter with fancy fonts and usa today graphics, just statements to put context around the individual commits. For example, when the project moved from qt3 to qt4 there was a post saying things were going to get bumpy so stay away for X amount of time. That was good communication. When the log file naming scheme was changed there was the vaguest of mentions in a single commit comment which went unnoticed until the subsequent release broke all the packagers' logrotate scripts and much gnashing and griping ensued. That was bad communication.

- George