[mythtv] Edit Recording Schedules patch for services api dvr endpoint (0.26 and master)

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Apr 30 19:27:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:29:29AM -0400, MythTV Dev Tikinou wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2013 10:21 AM, "David Engel" <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 09:49:53PM -0400, MythTV Dev Tikinou wrote:
> > > I pushed an new 0.27 patch, I removed FindId from Add and Update and
> added
> > > all the parameters you mentioned.
> > > I haven't done sanity checks besides empty strings...
> >
> > Thanks.  I'll try to get to is soon.  Feel free to remind me if I
> > don't
>
> Will do, feel free to ping me if you need anything else...

I attached a new patch nameed
mythtv-0.27-serviceapi-dvr-editschedule.4.patch to the ticket.  I've
only lightly tested it, but it appears to be working.

The services paradigm for recording rules is different than before.

AddRecordSchedule() and UpdateRecordSchedule() essentially accept
entire rules and save them.  The main difference between the two is
Add only works for new rules and Update only works for existing rules.

The other big API change is with GetRecordSchedule().  It is now
trimodal.  If a valid looking RecordId is provided, it will return the
rule with that ID.  Next, if ChanId and StartTime are provided, it
will return the current rule (or create a new one) for the program at
that time/channel.  Optionally, if MakeOverride is true, the returned
rule will be an override (or single if it was already) rule for that
program.  Finally, if Template is specified, it will return an empty
rule initialized with that template's values.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net