[mythtv] mythfronend hang on exit

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 13:01:47 UTC 2013

I'm still having this problem after many months on the latest fixes/0.26

Something is happening when I try to exit mythfrontnend where it hangs.
It's weird because if I launch it from a terminal I can force close it with
^C, but I have to do it *twice*.

I've also had problems on my main FE/BE with multiple mythfrontend
processes running. The wife says mythfrontend exits on it's own sometimes,
which is where I assume the extra processes are coming from, but I've never
seen it myself. She says it happens when switching inputs on the TV, I use
VGA for Myth and HDMI for everything else as my TV does not allow using the
native resolution (1366x768) over hdmi.

I did a -v all and here's the log link, but I didn't see anything helpful
in it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythfrontend.log

Anyone have an idea what's going on? I searched my gmail and nothing jumped
out at me but I can't be the only person having this problem...

Thanks,
Richard