[mythtv] CEC compliance: if not LG, what?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Apr 23 11:26:02 UTC 2013

try http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/vendor/support

> The specific complaint against LG Simplink was not recognizing a standard
> code for power-down.
>
> If there's anything out there that implements the TIMER PROGRAMMING,
> TUNER CONTROL, and DECK CONTROL command set in a way which mythtv's
> CEC library can use, we might hope to use the TV's EPG rather than get a
> superfluous subscription for the mythtv box. [EPG's may be more of an
> issue in Aus than some other places - here TVs tend to have lifetime
> subscriptions, and commercial EPG services are around $150 a year]

you are drawing the wrong conclusion. If you want to micro manage
manual recordings, then MythTV is the wrong tool for you. The whole
point of MythTV (as a recorder) is to have "fire and forget" recordings.

Regards,
Karl

PS: usable guide data is a big issue in every tv market

PPS: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Australian_TV_Listings could use some
tender loving care.