[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch fixes/0.25 updated by jyavenard. v0.25.3-21-g76a4f04

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Nov 30 20:41:33 UTC 2012

At 7:16 AM +1100 12/1/12, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>On Saturday, 1 December 2012, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>Was the above change related to
><http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11070>http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11070
>?
>

>I have no idea if it fixes anything, all I know is that I couldn't
>compile 0.25 on my mac with 10.8.2 and Xcode 4.5.
>So I took what I had done earlier to have it compile and back ported it.
>
>That way I could compile and test airplay with iTunes 11...
>
>Having said that, as I commented earlier, 11070 never occurs with
>stock qt either using the official binaries, or with qt build from
>source. Nor do I see the crash when using Xcode 4.4+
>I can't fix what I don't see for a crash that isn't even occurring
>within myth code.
>
>Now using Xcode 4.5 may fix it for you, let me know if it does...
>
>I have another fix required to cross-compile 0.25 (building 32 bits
>exe on a 64 bits machine). It applies on all version of myth.

Thanks for the reply.  I've tested the MacPorts build with XCode 4.5
on 10.7.5 but I still get the same crash on startup.  I really don't
know why this happens--I pretty much cribbed all the settings from
osx-packager.pl in developing the port.  I have a workaround using
another version of clang so it isn't a big problem but I'd still like
to get back onside.

Re 32 bits, people who've tried to build on CoreDuo machines can't
get one of the filters to compile.  I'd have to look up which one is
failing.  Does the fix you mention relate to that?  Again, not a big
deal since there aren't that many CoreDuo or CoreSolo Macs out there
that people want to run Myth on.

Thanks for the quick fix on iTunes 11.

Craig
Craig Treleaven, CA -- Clearview Consulting
(905) 829-2054  ctreleaven at cogeco.ca