[mythtv] Watching/recording the same channel/show from 2 tuners simultaniously causes both recordings to be entered in the database as a LiveTV recording

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 02:03:51 UTC 2012

I noticed something interesting last night and before I logged it as a bug,
wanted to know if maybe someone had already seen it and it was fixed already
and I just missed the change log.

I'm using an early 0.26 fixed build, see below, and watched via LiveTV a
show I was also recording. I had a guest over and we watched The Walking
Dead live, and to not screw up their web sync thing, we did not pause or
rewind. As I have multiple tuners, the LiveTV and the recording occurred on
different tuners.

After watching the show, I wanted to go back and rewatch something that I
missed in the live broadcast, and the recording did not show in my
recordings list. I checked the LiveTV recording list and found that both the
LiveTV and the recorded show both were listed there. I knew which was which
as one of them had the metadata and the other one did not.

I rectified the issue by modifying the record of the one with metadata to
put it into Default, but this should not happen.

Has anyone seen this before? Where if you watch a channel you are
simultaneously recording using separate tuners, both recordings show in
LiveTV?

# mythbackend --version

MythTV Version : v0.26.0-2-ga49c750

MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26

Network Protocol : 75

Library API : 0.26.20120822-1

QT Version : 4.8.3

Options compiled in:

linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_backend
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2
using_mheg using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
using_libxml2

MarcT