[mythtv] DVD dropping back to the frontend at the menu. PCM_DVD problem?

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:54:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> Neil,
>
> I have a workaround that you could try that at least allows the problem DVDs
> to play for me but it could be considered a bit of a hack.
>
> I've tested this in master and haven't seen any problems. The code in
> 0.26fixes is slightly different but I don't think there is anything that
> should top this working assuming you are seeing the same problem as me of
> cause.
>
> In this file
> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp?h=fixes%2F0.26#n2131
> comment out lines 2131 to 2133 and add a continue; at the end so that
> section of code looks like this:-
>
> if (open_val < 0)
> {
>     LOG(VB_GENERAL, LOG_ERR, LOC +
>         QString("Could not open codec 0x%1, id(%2) type(%3) "
>                 "aborting. reason %4").arg((uint64_t)enc,0,16)
>             .arg(ff_codec_id_string(enc->codec_id))
>             .arg(ff_codec_type_string(enc->codec_type))
>             .arg(open_val));
>     //av_close_input_file(ic); // causes segfault
>     //ic = NULL;
>     //scanerror = -1;
>     //break;
>     continue;
> }
>
> Does anyone know why ScanStreams() stops the scan at this point rather than
> continuing on to find a valid stream? ic is used after it is set to NULL
> here so at the very least a NULL check need to be added to line 2208 in
> master to prevent a segfault.
> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp?h=master#n2208
>

> Paul H.

THIS WORKED!!!!!!

I've not given it a huge test considering I'm across the state and
doing it remotely but due to the wonders of ssh and vnc I was able to
make the change then play one of the DVD .iso's that had issues.  It
played fine and I was able to get to the menu and select different
chapters to play.  GREAT!!!!

Thank you!  If you make a patch that is more of a fix then a hack I'll
gladly test it for you.

Thanks again,

Neil