[mythtv] MySQL, Python and Perl versions

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 17:27:50 UTC 2012

On Monday 19 Nov 2012 11:38:18 Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 2:52 PM +0000 11/19/12, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> >I'm using MariaDB 5.5.25 currently. Not through choice but because my
> >distro stopped packaging mysql.
>
> Thanks for the input.  When you say "Not through choice", are there
> any particular concerns about MariaDB?  (Speed, memory, ...?)

No concerns that I'm aware of, I just intended to convey that I wasn't doing
it just to be different or because of some partisan belief that Maria was in
some way better than MySQL. In other words I don't share my distros stance
that MySQL suddenly became tainted when Oracle took over and that Maria, the
exact same code, is better simply because it's not MySQL.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV