[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by danielk. v0.27-pre-85-g6122c1b

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Nov 4 13:13:22 UTC 2012

On 11/04/2012 05:57 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 29/10/12 18:20, Git Repo Owner wrote:
>> Fixes #11197. mythzoneminder event date is in localtime not utc..
> Daniel, this is causing more problems that it solves. If ZM is set to
> use it's deep filesytem storage the event date is used to find the
> various frames. Because the event start time is now in UTC MythZM is now
> failing to find the frames. I could add more hacks to correct this but
> it's going to have a big performance hit because there would have to be
> a UTC to local time conversion for each frame.
>
> I'd much rather the event times go back to being stored in local time
> and we come to some sort of agreement on how we fix the original problem
> which was the event times being displayed incorrectly. We could forget
> about using MythDate::toString() altogether and just have MythZM do its
> own formatting but then you loose the consistency thing. We could add a
> new MythDate::kDontFuckWithTheTimelKnowWhatImDoing flag to force
> MythDate::toString() to leave the time alone or just apply the original
> two line fix or any other ideas?

Paul, I think we can drop the consistency here and just put some
warnings in comments explaining what is going on. I'll revert and
reopen the ticket. If you'd like to take a stab at it that would
be lovely -- otherwise I'll go ahead and write a patch tomorrow
and attach it to the ticket for review.

-- Daniel