[mythtv] status of MythTV wrt Coverity Scan

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun May 6 20:54:58 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sunday 06 May 2012 14:27:42 Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> I was just wondering if there was any interest in enrolling MythTV in
>> the Coverity Scan program.
>
> We've tried time and time again over a period of several years now, they
> haven't even had the decency to acknowledge our emails.

I find this hard to believe.  (Not that I doubt what you say is true.)

>> Would anyone be interested in making use of this tool?  If so I can
>> contact them and see if I can set it up.
>
> Without doubt we'd be interested, and if you've got some sort of 'in' with
> them that might make it happen then please give it a go.

Hardly.  I work for a company that writes software.  We're currently
in the 30-day free trial period for a commercial license to Coverity
so I've been working with it for the past week or so.  I am not a
decision maker in this process, but I'm among the people evaluating
the tool.  I'm not sure if that's much of an "in".

I'll try to contact them and see if I can get at least a response.
The scan project FAQ makes it clear that they only want to talk to
official developers for a project, while I've just be a MythTV user
and frequent mythtv-users mailing list poster up till now, but with
your blessing I'll go ahead.

Eric