[mythtv] NOTICE: MythTV Server/DNS Restored

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:10:07 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> It could be but they were solid for 7 years and list volumes were much much higher during a lot of that time. I guess if there was a mismatch between the sending server's IP and what's in DNS that could merit some bouncing.

There was no mismatch.

> I realize this has nothing to do with development but I'm currently suspended in -users due to bounces (again). I'll wait a day for whatever Chris restored to propagate out and reenable delivery again.

Go ahead and re-enable again.  If it disables you again, complain to
Apple.  There's nothing we can do to get them to stop acting
anti-socially.  They are depending on an RBL that is stupid and
doesn't know the difference between a mailing list and spam, and
although I've sent the RBL a request to unlist us, I have gotten no
response, and don't really expect one.  RBLs are a law unto
themselves, and any mail provider that uses them should be ashamed of
themselves, they are only doing their users a disservice in the long
run.

However, we are delivering mail from a different server now, so it may
take some time before the idiotic RBLs decide this IP is bad too.