[mythtv] mythplayer.cpp query

Ian Wilkinson null at sgtwilko.f9.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 20:00:13 UTC 2012

On 13/03/2012 16:01, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 Mar 2012 15:25:02 Russell Gower wrote:
>> Just to be clear, I'm not talking about channel changes, I'm talking about
>> the delay when one program ends and the next one starts  - i.e the
>> transition from 8441_20120312180956.mpg to 8441_20120312183001.mpg
> I'm unable to reproduce a delay on programme transitions ... and historically
> no-one has ever reported a delay there.
>
> Still if you are seeing a delay then something is going wrong.
I'm seeing a very noticeable delay between one programme finishing and
the next starting.  I've also seen this happen when I'm timeslipped, but
it happens at the point the programme finishes being broadcast, not at
the point the frontend transits from one programme to the another
(although there is always a slight pause at the point the frontend does
make the actual change too).

I've not measured the pauses, I've always thought that it was "just
Myth" and that it would get fixed at some point, however it does lower
the WAF significantly.

Regards,

Ian Wilkinson.