[mythtv] Fedora 17 Compile Problem

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Sat Jun 9 13:20:55 UTC 2012

I have a newly installed Fedora 17 installation that is having some new
problems compiling. The latest version is: v0.26-pre-529-ga44c784 but
this started earlier in the week. It can be corrected by including
<unistd.h> in the file but I'm not sure that is the correct way to fix
the problem since the same version compiles correctly on Fedora 16 in
both 64 & 32 bit configurations without the need to have that specific
#include in the file. I'm thinking the ./configure is not reporting a
missing set of includes that I have yet to install on my Fedora 17
system but I'm not sure what it is missing.

The specific error messages are:
services/frontend.cpp:109:25: error: ‘usleep’ was not declared in this scope
services/frontend.cpp:120:25: error: ‘usleep’ was not declared in this scope
services/frontend.cpp:125:25: error: ‘usleep’ was not declared in this scope

The full path to the file is programs/mythfrontend/services/frontend.cpp

Let me know if this should go in as a Trac ticket.

Bruce