[mythtv] Updating Gentoo ebuilds via script

Christian Oltenburger Christian.Oltenburger at bnv-bamberg.de
Wed Jun 6 16:51:45 UTC 2012

On 06/06/12 18:32, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 6/6/2012 12:13, Christian Oltenburger wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately this script is not usefull for me since I'm not using
>> github but cloned the mythtv repository to my local server. So I have
>> some own ideas about a shell script being more flexible to fit my needs.
>
> It will have an optional dependency on the dulwich library, allowing
> the archives to be built from a local repository, rather than pulled
> from github.

Okay
Any idea when it is ready to use?

My idea was to use a bash script getting some parameters like the one
actually in the repo plus the url of the git server. Using this
parameters, the repo can be cloned to /tmp and any information can be
get from that. Via git archive the archive is created and saved to
distfiles dir.
This should be easily possible via bash script. From my point of view
using python seems to be a bit too complicated for that simple needs.