[mythtv] MythTV UTC branch merge

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Jun 5 23:12:22 UTC 2012

Yay!

I've been wondering for a while, and figure now's the time to ask---
how does this affect the names on disk of existing recordings, which
were named using local time until now?  I assume they stay constant,
and new recordings use UTC?  (And what happens if someone has a
recording written using localtime, then loads this patch, and then
myth wants to create a new recording with the same name because
they're recording something from the same channel a few hours later
and the two happen to now collide?  Obviously this can only happen
in a window of a few hours after starting to run this code.)

Thanks again for all this work.