[mythtv] status of MythTV wrt Coverity Scan

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Jun 3 00:46:14 UTC 2012

On 5/30/12, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> Can we get the plugins included in the next run?

I have a stupid newbie question.  How does one normally compile the plugins?

More specifically, I have MythTV 0.25 installed in standard places on
all of my systems, and the source for master under my home.  I've
configured mythtv with a --prefix to set the installation directory,
then built and installed it.  Then, when compiling the plugins, I used
the same --prefix, but the build fails in mytharchivehelper.  The
reason being that the g++ comand line has -L/usr/lib before
-L${prefix}/lib so it resolves -lmythavcodec to the 0.25 version, but
that doesn't work because I get an undefined reference to symbol
'avcodec_open2@@LIBAVCODEC_54'.

Now, obviously I could fix this by either uninstalling myth 0.25 or by
compiling within a chroot, but it seems like there's probably a
simpler way and I'm just missing it.  Is there a simple solution for
building one version of mythtv on a system with a different version in
/usr/lib?

If not, I'll just chroot it.

Eric