[mythtv] HLS Failing

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jul 13 04:21:36 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-12, at 3:57 AM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> I think this should be fixed now I believe in trunk and the 0.25 fixes
> branch.  I just committed a change to both that allows me to generate
> HLS streams from the command line properly again.  The audio timecodes
> were all off due to a missing + in what should have been a +=.

Hi,

I gave it a try this morning and again just now on two different recordings and it's much better but still not all the way. The audio starts out choppy like parts are being clipped out but eventually snaps back and becomes clear for a while then goes back to choppy. Does that makes sense? I'm short of time for testing so I can't say what the trigger might be. The sound is similar to a bug that cropped out just before the .25 release where audio packets weren't getting enough data to fill their declared length. It was fixed by beirdo, hopefully that's enough info.

- George