[mythtv] make install issues

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Fri Jul 6 15:18:46 UTC 2012

I'm attempting to build on OpenIndiana to avoid powering up another machine
all the time as this one is already running. I can build, with some little
tweaks, but make install fails with the following output.

make -C external/FFmpeg install INSTALL_ROOT=
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/mythtv/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
INSTALL libavdevice/libmythavdevice.so
find: stat() error /usr/local/lib/libmythavdevice.so.52.2.3: No such file
or directory
find: cycle detected for /lib/32/
find: cycle detected for /lib/crypto/32/
find: cycle detected for /lib/secure/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/link_audit/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/secure/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/elfedit/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/lwp/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/32/
install: libmythavdevice.so was not found anywhere!
make[1]: *** [install-libavdevice-shared] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/mythtv/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
make: *** [external/FFmpeg_install] Error 2

I'm just not sure what it's looking for.... I tried copying the file to
/usr/local/lib as is seems to want to see, but that just suppresses the
first message. I still get the "not found anywhere" message. I'm not sure
why it's not putting the files there as it should, I'm root, and it creates
the directories, but doesn't copy the files.