[mythtv] Systemd expertise needed: systemctl fails to start mythbackend

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jul 5 22:25:42 UTC 2012

On 07/05/2012 05:29 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>> Further ideas and hints as to how to debug this, Gavin, please!
>
> Is the mythtv wiki article wrong regarding how to configure
> systemd?  If so, please consider improving it.....
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Systemd_mythbackend_Configuration
>
> Gary

Well that is effectively what I am using but it does not want to work.
Why? I do not know. I suspect I know how it is failing, but why is still
unknown.

Although systemd has been around for a while, it is still a work in
progress, and there is a dearth of information on what various switches
mean or what the error codes mean.

And it just may be that I have a misconfiguration in my setup. I do not
think so...

So in the meantime, use the one on the wiki and yell out  if it fails.

Geoff