[mythtv] Empty and missing recording files when making multiple simultaneous dvb recordings

Grant Gardner grant at lastweekend.com.au
Wed Jul 4 11:22:19 UTC 2012

>>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10870. The work round is to set any
>>> DVB
>>> cards to only allow one simultaneous recording.
>>
>> is it possible this occurs in similar conditions but not for DVB? I'm
>> having issues with 0.25.1 (after the hdpvr change) that sounds
>> similar, and am wondering perhaps if that change in the hdpvr code is
>> causing a similar condition to occur all the time when two HDPVR are
>> present?
>>

> Yes,
>
> The code is in streamhandler.cpp which is common to all the stream handlers.
> You can see if the bug affects you by turning on "record" logging. I do not
> recommend you run with turned on for long as it can produce very large log
> files. You should then schedule two recordings to start at exactly the same
> time on the same frequency (multiplex in DVB terms, I don't know if HDPVR
> has multiplexes). The error message you are looking for are,
>
> "Programmer Error: Start called before Stop finished" and
>
> "Programmer Error: Stop called before Start finished"
>
> If you are not seeing one or the other of these messages then you are not
> getting the error.
>
> I am currently testing  a patch which you may want to try.

<snip>

Is there a Trac ticket for this?

Pretty sure I'm seeing the same thing "Programmer Error: Start called
before Stop finished" recording 2 programs starting simultaneously on
the same DVB multiplex on a quad core machine running 0.25

Haven't built myth from source for some time but if you need another
tester or more log output etc then let me know.

Grant.