[mythtv] If you're using an override to choose the Qt painter in master...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 28 22:09:09 UTC 2012

On 01/28/2012 05:03 PM, MythTV wrote:
>        Author:  Michael T. Dean<mdean at mythtv.org>
>   Change Date:  2012-01-28T14:03:01-08:00
>     Push Date:  2012/01/28 14:03:36 -0800
>    Repository:  mythtv
>        Branch:  master
> New Revision:  5f469b2211182774d02620c1d41c819dc250fcb3
>     Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/5f469b221
>
> Log:
>
> Don't recommend the OpenGL painter with softpipe renderer.
>
> Thanks to clever on IRC for reporting this case of software rendering,
> which seems to be related to improper driver installation or
> configuration or device permissions.

If anyone else out there is needing to override the UI Painter selection
with current master to force use of the Qt painter, please send logs of
mythfrontend startup without the override, so it shows it choosing the
OpenGL painter, and provide a description of why the OpenGL painter
isn't working.  This way, we can either help you fix brokenness, or if
the brokenness is systemic (driver/hardware issues), we can detect it
and not recommend the OpenGL painter.

As 0.25 release is approaching, consider this a "last call" for logs.

Remember that /no one/ should have to use an override to choose the Qt
painter.  If you are using such an override, something needs to be
fixed, so please help us do so.  :)

Thanks,
Mike