[mythtv] MythMusic LastFM support offering support (was Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h))

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:16:50 UTC 2012

On 20 January 2012 08:03, Jonatan <mythtv at comhem.se> wrote:
> 2012-01-19 18:37, Steven Adeff wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Paul, slightly off topic, but have you looked at including Spotify
>> integration into your MythMusic work? I believe it may require a
>> premium account to play from and there is an open api and library at:
>> http://developer.spotify.com/en/libspotify/overview/
>> I'd be willing to pay for a few months subscription for you if it is
>> something you'd be interested in tackling in order to get it working.
>>
>> thanks!
>>

> Steven, you have you looked at this project?
> http://code.google.com/p/mythspotify/

For what it's worth, libspotify from Spotify isn't going to be
included in MythTV unless they have a serious rethink of their terms
of use. It also requires each user to register as a developer to
obtain a key - which isn't exactly convenient.

The better solution is http://despotify.se - which is something that
could be included and doesn't require registration.

regards

Mark