[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 17:44:03 UTC 2012

On 01/14/2012 10:45 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> Every time the frontend is started the visualizers won't operate.
>> >  Exiting mythmusic with or without allowing the music to continue playing
>> >  and going into the setup is what triggers the visulaizers to function. I
>> >  only have to open the first page of the player settings. There is no
>> >  need to continue through to the Finish.
>> >
>> >  Bruce
> I'm still scratching my head on this one:)  I've tried many different
> combination of settings and can't reproduce this at all.
>
> Paul H.

How odd. This is consistent for me between two separate systems. One is
64 bit and the other is 32 bit. Don't know why that would be relevant
but thought I'd toss it in for good measure. Just checked on my main FE
(it is the 32 bit machine) and when music started the visualizer was set
to display bump scope. There was no display. I backed out, navigated to
the settings screen and brought up the first page of player settings.
After that, I escaped and went back to the listen to music screen. The
album art visualizer was showing a question mark because there was no
album art. Hitting the 6 key to show bump scope and any other visualizer
worked just fine.

I'll flip some of the settings to see if I can get it to change. If you
have any speculations on a setting or two that may have some affect let
me know.

My systems are up-to-date as of today.

Bruce