[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 13:31:01 UTC 2012

On 01/08/2012 06:27 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:

>>> Yeah. I've had a report off list from a user that all is not well with
>>> the visualisers. I didn't spend any time reviewing any of the
>>> visualizers changes before I committed it since a lot of it is probably
>>> going to have to be changed to fit in with what Mark has done anyway. I
>>> was in two minds whether to just completely disable them before I
>>> committed but because they were working OK for me I left it has it was
>>> but put in the disclaimer to say they needed some work. I'll take
>>> another look later tomorrow when I get back to my dev system.
>> I should have posted yesterday when I tried out the new mythmusic for
>> the first time (very nice!).
>>
>> In MusicComm::CreateCommon,  m_visualModes = MainVisual::visualizers;
>> comes after the check for the number of visualizers at line 207. I
>> just moved it forward and the visualizers started working.
>>
> Doh! I should know better than to make changes late at night and not
> test them before committing.

Hi Paul,

I tried the change Mark suggested and lo and behold, the visualizers do
work. Of course, I had to go back into settings and change the delay off
of zero to get them to actually display. And once I worked out how to
cycle through the visualizers with the number 6 key, it triggered a
segfault. A bt is attached for that. It is consistent right after the
Piano visualization. I don't know if the problem is due to that specific
one or not. The Piano visualization seems to work fine on multiple
songs. It is switching to the next one (Spectrum) that the segfault
hits. I tried looking through the code but evidently I don't understand
just what is going on yet.

There is another oddity noticed in that after the segfault is
encountered and the mythfrontend is restarted, the visualizers are no
longer active. In fact, your new message about disabling the visualizers
(MusicCommon: Theme has a visualiser but none found - disabling)
appears. I have to go back into the settings and change something (I
usually change the delay) before the visualizers will display again.

Regards,

Bruce