[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 09:43:46 UTC 2012

On 7 January 2012 22:37, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>>> Visualizers
>> Not working here atm, it says none are available and I can't find where they
>> would be selected. However I only habitually used the albumart visualiser in
>> the past so I'm not too worried about this for now.
>>

> Yeah. I've had a report off list from a user that all is not well with
> the visualisers. I didn't spend any time reviewing any of the
> visualizers changes before I committed it since a lot of it is probably
> going to have to be changed to fit in with what Mark has done anyway. I
> was in two minds whether to just completely disable them before I
> committed but because they were working OK for me I left it has it was
> but put in the disclaimer to say they needed some work. I'll take
> another look later tomorrow when I get back to my dev system.

I should have posted yesterday when I tried out the new mythmusic for
the first time (very nice!).

In MusicComm::CreateCommon,  m_visualModes = MainVisual::visualizers;
comes after the check for the number of visualizers at line 207. I
just moved it forward and the visualizers started working.

Paul - more generally, do you want me to look at optimising the
visualiser 'blitting'?

and is it sensible to start moving the visualisers to a common
location? I'm thinking either a sub-directory in libmythui or maybe a
lib of their own.

regards

Mark