[mythtv] Diseqc 1.2/1.3 Rotor positioning in MythTV (DVB-S) Ticket 8459

Yves Cayer ycayer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:04:00 UTC 2012

Concerning http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8459

Since upgrading to master, I found my DVB-S wasn't able to lock to anything anymore. I tracked it down to this ticket, which introduces an error in the rotor positioning.
Reverting the patch to 0.24 version restored my rotor function accuracy. Note that in my case dvbViewer in Windows produced the same results as 0.24.

Interesting because the author saw an error in the original code, while in my case It was tracking perfectly but not so in master. Yet I haven't seen any other people mentioning a problem.

From the limited research I did, it appears the error may be due to the polar mount of the rotor.

Yves