[mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday (Updated re-record in HD rule template)

Ian Wilkinson null at sgtwilko.f9.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 19:10:52 UTC 2012

On 11/02/2012 03:41, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 20:28 +0000, Mark Kendall wrote:
>> Feature Freeze: 12th Feb
>> 0.25 Beta        : 4th March
>> 0.25 RC1        : 18th March
>> 0.25 Release   : 2nd April
>>
>> A 'soft freeze' for translatable strings will also come into effect
>> with the feature freeze with a hard freeze at the same time as RC1.
> Just a reminder to everyone, the feature freeze is on Sunday night.

Hi,

I realise I've probably missed the boat, but I've only just noticed this
and thought that you might want the fix/update to the template for the
re-record in HD rule for 0.25 that I developed and posted to the Wiki.

I found several issues with the existing template rule (which included
cancelling existing recordings and being chucked out of Live TV because
a HD recording on a different MUX had been created for the current
programme being watched, even if you had just channel surfed it).  The
full details of the problems and the fix are on the wiki page
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Recording#Recording_a_Rebroadcast_in_HD:_An_Advanced_Custom_Recording_Example),
with my issues listed under the issues in "Almost Final Answer" and also
with my fix under "Final Version".

I modified the existing "Almost Final Version" code as it was more
efficient than the existing template.  I have been running the fixed
rule on 0.24(fixes) without issue since the start of November:

Additional Tables should be:

, recorded C, recordedprogram A left outer join recordedprogram B on A.programid = B.programid and B.hdtv >= 1

With this Search Phrase:

C.programid = A.programid and program.programid = A.programid
and A.hdtv = 0 and program.hdtv >= 1 and B.starttime is null
and channel.chanid = program.chanid
and C.recgroup !='LiveTV' and C.recgroup !='Deleted' and C.endTime <now()

I realise that this isn't in the form of a patch (sorry!), but I hope
that someone more familiar and better connected with the source than I,
could update the template and allow this rule to work.

Regards,

Ian Wilkinson